NFRC Competent Person Scheme—Contractors Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct is a mandatory commitment given by registered contractors of NFRC Competent Person Scheme (NFRC CPS) and together with the Terms and Conditions of Membership set the standards that NFRC CPS expects its registered contractors to follow.
Quality and Standards
- We will seek to achieve the highest standards and will offer our products, advice and services honestly and honourably in a fair and transparent manner.
- We shall behave in a professional manner and will endeavour to raise the reputation of our sector and maintain the standards under which we operate.
- Roofing products and materials used will meet the appropriate standards required at the time of the installation.
- Roofing products and materials will be installed in accordance with the appropriate standards at the time of the contract.
- We are committed to maintaining the highest degree of integrity in all our dealings with potential, current and past customers as well as other stakeholders.
- We value our customers and promise a high standard of customer service and to deal promptly with any complaints. We will never offer any inappropriate financial or other inducement, including direct and indirect payments, offers of employment or substantial gifts or entertainment, to any person in an attempt to influence any decision-making process which may affect our organisation or our industry.
- We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery is not taking place anywhere in our UK business operations or in any of our Company’s supply chains.
Transparency and Openness
- We will be clear and precise about the scope of works and materials used which will be fairly and properly described within quotations.
- We will be transparent about the costs and charges we make to our customers and these will be clearly stated in our T&Cs and within the contracts we agree with them.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure the truth and accuracy of any statements made or information provided to any third party in order to never knowingly make false or misleading claims or misrepresent the views of others.
Safeguarding and Data security
- We will ensure all staff are aware of relevant health and safety issues to fulfil their roles and ensure that all such legislation is adhered to.
- We will not share client’s information with external parties without their express written agreement.
- We will strive to take reasonable care that all professional duties are conducted without causing offence on the grounds of gender, race, religion, disability or any other form of discrimination or unacceptable reference.
- We agree to conduct our operations with the principles of fair competition and all applicable regulations.
- We agree to abide by the rules of the Competent Person Scheme in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, ISO/IEC 17065:2012 and the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC formerly MHCLG) Conditions of Authorisation.